Re: SSH Scans

* Adam E. Shirey (aeshirey@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> > It looks to me after reading discussions online that they are attempting
> > to find out if you are running an exploitable version of ssh. So the
> > best bet is to make sure that you are running a current/patched version
> > of ssh.
>
> As far as that goes, you could probably just install portsentry and set
> it up to catch scans. If you intend on accessing your computer via ssh
> on specific computers, you can add them to hosts to ignore.

Yeah I am not that worried about it since these are very slow scans and
my ssh client is fine. Portsentry would only work if I didn't have ssh
installed but since ssh is bound to port 22 portsentry wouldn't be able
to do anythin. Portsentry is a useful program though to stop unwanted
scans/attacks.

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson <spisaacs@xxxxxxx> http://www.csl.mtu.edu/~spisaacs/
AIM:spi516 "Need to be proud of what you are..." - Echo Image