Okay, all, I conversed with the ad manager for The Bull. He said he can
hook us up for at least one free ad, but I told him this would probably
be more of a weekly thing. My guess is that whenever we need to fill a
little bit of space, we can convince the editors to add in a LUG ad.
Since we won't be paying anything (or very little), I'd say this is
pretty slick. If we figure something out, we can have an ad for as early
as next Friday.

So if we have anything specific we want to advertise, we should discuss
this ASAP. Otherwise, come up with some ideas, etc., and we can see if
the ad manager will make us some nice ads to be placed whenever. If
anyone knows their stuff with the GIMP, or just gets bored, they can
make some ads (I'll get the exact resolution) for filler or for specific
events (Install-a-thon, for example).

Thoughts? Comments?

--

-Adam
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First they came for the hackers.
But I never did anything illegal with my computer,
so I didn't speak up.
Then they came for the pornographers.
But I thought there was too much smut on the Internet anyway,
so I didn't speak up.
Then they came for the anonymous remailers.
But a lot of nasty stuff gets sent from anon.penet.fi,
so I didn't speak up.
Then they came for the encryption users.
But I could never figure out how to work PGP anyway,
so I didn't speak up.
Then they came for me.
And by that time there was no one left to speak up.
  -- Alara Rogers