Re: VPN software

I've come in contact with the cisco gear. Other than being
cisco(expensive) it was rather smooth for windows users. If your routers
are linux based, I have also heard wonderful reviews of smoothwall.
In regards to your ping problems, On windows boxes, I'd always check the
default firewall rules. With a service pack awhile ago i remember hearing
about the rules not allowing pings. It's always another thing to check.
Best of luck.
~James