Re: VPN software

I set up a VPN for someone using the VPN stuff built in to Windows. I would have to say it is much much MUCH more difficult than a similar setup under Linux. It works, though. XP Pro has VPN server and client built in. Dunno bout home. Maybe it has the client, but I doubt it would have the server.

Adam Shirey wrote:
Does anyone know of halfway decent VPN software that's not a pain to
setup? (I'm looking for a Windows VPN primarily, but Linux also would be
good.)

SF.net has OpenVPN that looks pretty good, but I've not got it working
properly. The remote host to which I was trying to establish a connection
could ping me using the VPN IP (10.0.0.27), but I couldn't ping him
(10.0.0.13). I am behind a router, though I would think that it would be
the other way around - me pinging him but not him to me. Furthermore,
Windows' ipconfig shows my LAN IP but nothing about the VPN.

If anyone knows much about OpenVPN or has recommendations on VPN software
that is easy to setup, I'd appreciate it.

-Adam
dingostick.com

--
"They that can give up essential liberty | Adam Jaskiewicz <ajjaskie@xxxxxxx>