Re: installathon update

Technically, if a purchase is made on behalf of the university with
the expectation of reimbursement, you shouldn't pay sales tax.  There
are cards that we use with the university's tax-exempt number on them.
How the actual transaction is handled depends on the vendor and their
bookkeeping system.

USG may be willing/able to make an exception, but don't be surprised if
they won't or can't.  The reasoning is that Mary and Adam didn't "have to"
pay tax when they purchased the drives, since it was for the university.

Thanks,
Dave

| David Torrey                     Sr. System Administrator/Programmer   |
| tj@xxxxxxx                       East Engineering Computing Network    |
| (906) 487-1405 voice             Michigan Technological University     |
| (906) 487-1620 fax                  Houghton, MI 49931                 |
| http://www.cee.mtu.edu/~tj/                                            |