Re: BIG GAME THIS SATURDAY - WIN PRIZES & SCHOLARSHIPS

I do not appreciate having spam sent to every student at Michigan Tech.
This email clearly contains many elements that spam contains.  First it
is unsolicited, in no way do I want email about football games at Tech,
I am here to be a student and learn about engineering not watch football
games and go party.  Also the email contains no signature and the only
person it is attached to is through the email address it was sent from.
Finally the use of CAPS is excessive, caps imply yelling, and I don't
need to be yelled at.

I also don't appreciate singling out one activity to promote when there
are student organizations putting on events on the same weekend.  I am a
member of the Linux Users Group and we are putting on an installathon
this weekend that we have been planning for about a year now.  Because
of this email I throughly expect our attendance will be lower because
students are forced to go to the football game to get food.

I find it sad that this university resorts to spamming it's students and
only feeding students who go to a football game (by closing the
cafeteria).  Having a lot of students at the football game is not
something to be proud of when you have to force students to go.

This university throughly disappoints me and I am glad I will be
graduating in the spring.  I do not recommend this university to those I
know who will be going to college soon.

I can understand you want higher attendance at the football games but
find a different way to achieve this.

-Mary

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 15:52, Student Life wrote:
> ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS, TECH FOOTBALL THIS SATURDAY,
> NOON @ SHERMAN FIELD!!!
>
> JOIN YOUR #7 RANKED UNDEFEATED HUSKIES IN THE MONSTER BASH AS THEY HOST #16 SAGINAW VALLEY STATE (6-2).
> With a win this Saturday, Michigan Tech will clinch their first-ever GLIAC Football Championship!
>
> FREE Food for ALL MTU Students w/ID
> -food will be served at 11:30 a.m.
>
> FREE Student Admission to the Game
>
> FREE Prize Give-Away at Half-Time of Football Game
>
> Click below for a list of PRIZES and more info
> http://www.mtu.edu/monsterbash.html
>
> If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Life at 487-1963 or reply to this email.
>
> GO HUSKIES!
Mary Farmer			mcfarmer@xxxxxxx    (906)483-8216
Electrical Engineering		Michigan Technological University
Senior Partner	  		www.me.mtu.edu/cael
CAEL Coordinator
Formula SAE
Linux Users Group (LUG)		lug.mtu.edu