Re: Scsi Emulation of CD and Weirdness

I am using Kernel 2.6.8 and I did have to enable it to make cdrecord work, (I think it works now...)  But initially, I had issues with that.  cdrecord -scanbus wouldn't return any devices and seemed to only care about my IDE-drives when emulated.  If this is obsolete, I would like to know what you do differently.

Then I booted into Windows, since I haven't figured out how to make SANE work with my hp5100C.  Yes, this is a ppSCSI SANE-HP device... I know that much.

Upon Booting into windows, I realized that I had no CD-Drives!  In the Hardware Manager, I saw my DVD, My CDRW, and a SCSI CDRW.  I have no SCSI CDRW and thus I found this to be quite odd.

To enable the SCSI emulation, I did:

dmesg | grep ATAPI

then I added:  modprobe ide-scsi
to my /etc/init.d/rcS.d
Version of Linux is Debian if you couldn't tell from that.
Thus, I now have <cdrecord -dev=1,0,0 isof.iso> working, but I am enormously curious as to why Windows saw the SCSI drive.  I only use Windows for Scanner-work and so this isn't too big of a deal yet, but I am now very intrigued.