Re: Apache - Thanks!

Gowtham,

> I have reverted back to my old method -- forwarding sgowtham.net to my
> physics web page.

Sounds like a good idea.

> By the way, does MTU ResNet block incoming Port 80 traffic ? I am asking
> this because I have seen (atleast) couple of you have hosted your website
> with resnet accounts - was it the straight forward way or you had to work
> around some difficulties ??

I *know* resnet does not block nor restrict users on campus from having
their own servers.  This is because I offer a mirror on my server for many
softwares on my server, when it is up, such as ssh.com, putty, djgpp, gcc,
and more.  (I also have been known to be consitantly in the top 5 at MTU
for outgoing internet bandwidth consumption from all of campus.)

So if you live on campus or know someone who does, you can ask for a
virtual host on a server.  (or you could ask me)

- Paul Schou
Guardian of Data