Re: Gigabit Ethernet cards

* Jacob Fugal (jpfugal@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hello,
> Does anyone know of any Gigabit NICs that any distribution of Linux
> supports. I currently have Redhat, but I can't guess which of them it
> supports. So far, I don't think it supports NetGear.

According to the few websites I found by doing a google search kernel
2.6.6+ has support for the Netgear NIC using the realtek 8196 module. A
listing of the pic bus(using lspci) would tell you for sure what chip
the card uses.

Looking at my 2.6.10 kernel there are a few different gigabit ethernet
cards that have support:
D-Link DL2000 based
Intel Pro/1000
National Semiconductor DP83820
Packet Engines Hamachi GNIC-II
Realtek 8169
Marvell Yukon Chipset / SysKonnect SK-98xx
VIA Velocity
Broadcom Tigon3

-steve
--