Re: Thanks for you help and Which Linux is best?

Not to mentions that there is a GUI based package installer if you don't want to use the command line apt program. Synaptic is fairly easy to use and it comes installed with Ubuntu.

Michael Moran wrote:

Id say if you want an easy to install distro, Ubuntu is the way to go.
It has a fairly easy install interface and has project utopia installed.
The only caveat is that it seems to not want to install on a few
computers, when the install process is starting it will say there is no
cdrom.  Though the only computers i have seen that on were older P3
machines.  Other than that little problem, it is a great distro w/ all
the power of Debian.

Hope it helps,

Michael Moran
http://musicsquared.net