Re: Share directories on a Linux machine to a Linux machine

Jacob,

You have to set up some form of network file-sharing on machine1 so
that a user on machine2 can access/mount a folder from machine1.  Of
course, you do need to set up perms properly for /dir on //machine1.
And you need to set up login perms.

The two options that I know of for file-sharing are Samba and NFS.
Don't know much about NFS--if I was setting it up, I would read
through a how-to-document:

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/NFS-HOWTO/

After reading through the howto, I would install the software, and
begin the setup.

Steve H