Re: Share directories on a Linux machine to a Linux machine

Is that all you have to do? I imagine you have to set some kind of perms in samba on the machine that has the shared directory, eh?

Jacob Fugal
jpfugal@xxxxxxx

Kyle Schneider wrote:

I use samba to mount a drive over the network, and I simply use a mount
command to do it.  You'll need to install smbfs out of apt first though.

mount -t ext3 -o username=user,password=pass //machine/dir /mnt/dir

mount -t smbfs -o usernmae=user,password=pass //machine/share /mnt/point

or, you can place an entry like the following in /etc/fstab to mount the
share at boot (you'll still need smbfs though)

//mount/share /mnt/point smbfs defaults,gid=100,dmask=775,fmask=665,rw 0 0

--
Kyle Schneider
Social Sciences - Secondary Education Concentration