Re: Share directories on a Linux machine to a Linux machine

in the /etc/samba/smb.conf file, near the end is something like this:
;[myshare]
;   comment = Mary's and Fred's stuff
;   path = /usr/somewhere/shared
;   valid users = mary fred
;   public = no
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no
;   create mask = 0765
you will need to make an entry for the share you want. I have tried
whatever frontend comes with fedora core 2, and found editing the conf
file to be easier and better controlled.
oh, in the above example, //machine/myshare is the part used on the host
mounting the share

-Scott