Re: Laptops for Linux

Any laptop not manufactured by Joe's House of Laptops should work with all of the hardware features. Certainly Dell or IBM notebooks work great with Linux (but my personal experience ends there).

-jack

Hello,

I was wondering what laptops any of you have had that worked well with Linux. By work well I mean the basic hardware works (sound, trackpad, keyboard, display, USB ports, NICs, power management, etc.) alright without having to write your own drivers. I'm running Debian sarge right now.

Jacob Fugal
jpfugal@xxxxxxx