Re: Laptops for Linux

>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering what laptops any of you have had that worked well
>> with Linux. By work well I mean the basic hardware works (sound,
>> trackpad, keyboard, display, USB ports, NICs, power management,
>> etc.) alright without having to write your own drivers. I'm running
>> Debian sarge right now.
>>
>> Jacob Fugal
>> jpfugal@xxxxxxx

Tim Carmean has an Asus S5NE working with suspend et al.  I know quite a
few people with Fujitsu P-Series laptops running linux.

My suggestion to you is to pick out a laptop that you like, and then
google a bit to see if anyone has successfully gotten Linux on it.  Also,
Ubuntu (a Debian based distro) has been making a lot of strides recently
in laptop support, you might want to take a look at that distro if you
want to set it up with the least hassle.

--
Kyle Schneider
Social Sciences - Secondary Education Concentration