Re: K-Day CDs

Why not instead do that, we can remastering a knoppix live-cd or a gnome-live-cd or movix live-cd? I think it's very easy to remastering a knoppix, and we can put a lot of free software on a card-cd, or we can do a special live-cd for mtu people.

Steven Isaacson wrote:

* Paul Schou (pbschou@xxxxxxx) wrote:
All,

What about just giving a net install distro and then print the on-campus mirror on top to make things easier for new students who have interest. This would be useful because then current linux users could use it as a boot disk for recovery operations. And which type of mini cd are we going to use a credit card cut size?

Instead of doing an actual distrobution of Linux we were thinking of
doing a collection of OSS software(eg Mozilla,Open Office,Gimp). This
would quickly fill up a credit card CD. If we split it up between the
different platforms we could have 3 different CDs full of the same
software or slightly different.
If we want to go in on some smaller CDs we will need to buy them soon. I
personally am willing to donate some money and time getting a CD
working.

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson http://spi.panaverse.com
<web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> AIM/MSN/Y!:spi516

Alfonso Escribano (alfons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Usuario de linux nº 267884
Clave publica: 0xB29D4BE4 http://www.escomposlinux.org/pgp
Comunidad hispana de estudiantes de ingenierías en informática:
http://est.unileon.es/icubo
León sin Hilos:
http://est.unileon.es/leonwireless
Por favor, NO utilice formatos  de archivo  propietarios para el
intercambio de  documentos, como DOC y XLS, sino HTML, RTF, TXT,
CSV o cualquier otro que no obligue a utilizar un programa de un
fabricante  concreto para tratar la información contenida en él.