Re: K-Day CDs

* Alfonso Escribano Merino (aescriba@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Why not instead do that, we can remastering a knoppix live-cd or a
> gnome-live-cd or movix live-cd? I think it's very easy to remastering a
> knoppix,
> and we can put a lot of free software on a card-cd, or we can do a
> special live-cd for mtu people.

One thing we thought about earlier was trying to fit it onto a credit
card sized cd(202MB). I don't know how easy it would be to get a
bootable useable Linux installation on that small of a CD. This is why
we were just thinking about putting software on the CD and having a link
on the CD to our website and the many flavors of Linux there.

Tonight I downloaded some of the Windows software that we have mentioned
in the past few months. I already have 118MB of Win32 software
downloaded. I feel that giving people a CD of windows software with
encouragement to download and install Linux if they want many more cool
programs and more up to date versions would be sufficient.

This is mostly just to get our name out there and to give people
something to take home.

-steve
--
Steven Isaacson http://spi.panaverse.com