[lug-l] Meeting minutes

Greetings,

Yesterday we had a successful meeting.

The Introduction to Linux session we hosted went well and if anyone wants to look at the presentation, it can be found at lug.mtu.edu/itl18

We talked about hosting a session at Winter Wonderhacks about a Linux topic or program.

Some recent Linux security news which I have listed below. And RHEL dropped support for KDE.

One article led our discussion to the differences between SystemD and OpenRC, which is the service manager used by default in RHEL and Debian based systems and Arch and Gentoo systems respectively.

Our discussion ended with dotfiles.

The security news:

RHEL dropped support for KDE:

If anyone would like to give a presentation on a topic at a meeting, just let me know.

Thanks,

--
Jake Black
MTU Linux Users Group (LUG) President