Nanocon Prep

Hey, folks. Just over four weeks 'till Nanocon! Again, room reservations
have been completed for March 25-27.

I apologize to those who received multiple copies of this email, but I
wanted to make sure all concerned parties were contacted. If you are
interested in planning for Nanocon, please come to M&M U115 at 8PM next
Thursday.

What follows is basically the same info the dave sent out after last
semester's first Nanocon meeting, without the specifics.

Tournaments we usually run:
Smash brothers Brawl
Smash brothers Melee
Rock Band//Guitar Hero
Magic on Sunday?!? GA handles it?
Hanafuda (Koi-Koi) - David Left

Other Good Tournament Ideas:
Tetris
GT4 - high maintenence, but good times.

Other tool-er-ific fighters:
Street fighter
Soul-cal
Blaze Blue
Vitrual Fighter whatever-they're-up-to

Other people involved:
HARO - They play the anime. (I can handle the anime room, unless someone
else was interested) Also, Matt makes things happen.
DDR - it's what they do.  Also, Arcade cabinets?  Console Gaming Room?
GA - DnD, Magic, etc.
PFRC - mirror room? general awesomeness?
LUG - LAN party?
Some guys: Touhou tournament?
Taylor's Tarot fortune telling?

Points of concern:
Raffle
-where's the stuff coming from?
-we need government permission?

Ramune Race?

Speaking of Ramune: What do we have for supplies?

Stump the Baka?

Anime pictionary?

Cosplay?
-casual.  Just like always.

NMU
-We should contact them.  Invite them even.

Advertisments:
THE IDEA IS:
a seperate flyer for each event, billing it as an individual event, that
has (in small type somewhere) "at nanocon" or "sponsored by nanocon."
If each group also had a flyer advertising THEIR events at the con,
that'd be swell.
One unifying flyer would also be a really good idea.
(Basically, same ideal as last time, but we should get the first of this
stuff out by no later than the 17th or 18th)

Advertisment minions:
-Anyone interested?

--
Dylan Steinmetz
Computer Network and System Administration