Installathon

Hello LUG,

I'm GREATLY intrested in the installathon at Tech occuring this Saturday.I have always been interested in the Linux OS, but have never had a machine ready to try it on. But, I have recently acquired a 2003 Toshiba Satellite A15 S129 laptop, and as expected, it's an older machine that need to be rebuilt in the realm of software.

I'm looking to do a full format and build it back up from scratch...HOWEVER, this laptop's CD drive is ka-put, as well it is lacking in a floppy drive, and does not support USB booting. BUT this is where you guys can teach me a thing or two, this laptop does support LAN booting.

My question is, can you guys help me out?

I look forward to hearing more from the MTU Linux/UNIX User Group!

Neil R. Wisniewski