Ubuntu remix 9.10 and external monitor on EEEPE 1000

Hello,

    My EeePC when I plug into external VGA port for a external monitor, I must reboot system to use but at start will go to max res of External Monitor at 1600 x 1200.  But after but screen only stay at 640 x 480 no matter what I do.  To get it out of that mode must unplug and reboot system.  Just unplugging monitor will NOT do it.  Will only stay in 640x480 mode.  How fix?

----Craig Kimmer

--
This is the new address for ME

---------
    Blackholes are were God forgot and divided by ZERO!!!