Re: Faulty Drive in Raid Array

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 01:26 -0500, Jon DeVree wrote:

> If you haven't rebooted and you don't actually have a /dev/sdh, then I'd
> bet the partition was mounted, you did some disk partitioning, the disk
> vanished and came back with another name. But the partition is still
> mounted, or so the kernel thinks.

I bet the use of the drive in a RAID didn't quite knock out all of the
NTFS labeling.   When the drive failed, the OS saw it as a single drive
again and tried to identify it.  It found the leftover NTFS info,
created the mountpoint and hooked it up, but... the drive is still dead.

If the drive has enough life to respond, an 'fdisk -l /dev/sdh' might
shed some light.

Dave