Re: Install.* question

Another angle:

What are "required programs" vs. "required capabilities" ?

Word processing, spreadsheets, etc... have reasonable counterparts in
Linux.  I would expect that to suffice for the vast majority of
homework.

Non-commodity software is a different beast, but often there are Linux
versions available from the vendor (Matlab, Mathematica, etc...).

Dave