Re: start a new LUG?

I've got to agree with Dave here. It'd be a shame to not have a LUG around for any interested community members for 3 months of the year.

On the other hand, without enough interest from the community, you can't reach the number of members needed to be self-sustaining. If you only find 2 community members interested in getting together to talk about Linux, it's better to have them come to MTU's LUG. If you've got, say 10, then you have a group which would be worth having their own members.

It wouldn't have to be a duplication of efforts either. Meetings could be held jointly (I think we all know that many LUG meetings have less than an extraordinary amount of content), MTU LUG can provide hardware and server space, etc.

Really, I think it's something that needs to have the community's level of interest figured out before it's decided one way or the other.