Re: K-day plans

On 8/14/07, Brian A McPherson <bamcpher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guys,
I just signed us up for K-day. I opted for an electrical connection
because I thought maybe we could have a couple of display systems
(weather permitting). I don't know how well having monitors will work
though if it's real bright out that day. We'll have to test it out
before hand.

Light could be a challenge. I don't think we ever had displays in the past but I think it could be a good idea.

Do we want to have someone re-master a KNOPPIX CD/DVD again like a
couple years ago?

When I helped create the ISO in the past it took about a day or so to create the iso. It is a simple task using the instructions Knoppix provides. So if someone does this they should book a few days lead time. That way they can build the iso and do a sanity check on it to make sure there are no major errors.

/me remembers spending a good amount of time correcting a typo on a flyer I printed out.

Any other Ideas? I'm definitely open to them if you've got some good ones.

Giving out something is definitely a good idea. Makes it easy for people to remember that the group exists.

-steve