Re: [Fwd: Re: lug.mtu.edu connection]

Why were we even requesting that? It seems a little unfair that one student org is allowed to saturate an entire 10
Mbit connection. Yes, it does cause issues with connectivity with lug some times. Hell, we're only paying what, a
little more than $10 a month for a 10Mbit connection off campus? I think we should consider ourselves lucky. A
connection that speed in the real world would cost hundreds of dollars a month. I think telcom is very generous for
allowing us to have our own box in the first place, and I don't like feeling that we're taking advantage of their
kindness.

7% is more than our fair share of the total bandwidth allotment. Even with only 5 Mbits being used; over an entire
month's usage that's more than 1.5TB.

My 2/5'ths a nickle.
-Brian McPherson (Dark-Fx)