Re: computer advice

Scott Elliott <sgelliot@xxxxxxx> wrote :

> Josh Olson wrote:
> &gt;
> &gt; Operating System Re-Installation CD     PC Restore recovery system by
> &gt; Symantec
> &gt;
> be carefull with this, if you buy an HP(at least in a store, dont know
> online) they will not give a re-install OS CD. the CD they give will

    This is ILLEGAL by software copyright law, but since it is a way for Bill Gates to sell more software it is allowed.

> wipe EVERYTHING on the disk, even other partitions(like Linux) and
> reimage the disk to the exact factory settings, with all the junk
> included. When calling tech support and customer service, we were told
> there is NO WAY to get just a re-install CD, and they even said 'you
> should not be running linux'... i assume they meant to add '... if you
> are buying prebuilt'.

    What right do they have to say what I can run on my machine.  I bought and now own it not them, if so then they owe me lots of money to pay for my time using their hardware.;-)

----Craig

-----
    Blackholes are where God forgot and divided by ZERO!!!

Discover Pasty.net - http://www.pasty.net