Re: computer advice

Personally I recommend:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

You have the option of prebuilt or custom. I personally have one of these
machines as well as about 10 people I have suggested it to. They are
normally cheaper than Dell or HP and normally have sales all the time.
Their tech support really sucks though, but shouldn't be a big deal
considering these are PC's for CS majors. I think it's cheaper to buy an
entire package as well as opposed to piecing together hardware from
various places.

-Anthony