Re: IRIX

I happen to have 6.5.0 install discs (aka 6.5.crap) but I am not anywhere near campus. And, unfortunately, its not very easy to image these discs since they are EFS formatted. I could theoretically dd them to a file... Otherwise, its a bit of a pain to obtain IRIX install media. I got mine off of ebay for $120. As for SGI direct, if I can remember correctly, it was over $600 or something... I just said "thanks for the info" and hung up. No need to pay quite that much.

Bad part about 6.5.crap is that the R12000 series of MIPS processors was not yet supported. I had to downgrade my Octane to a R10000 processor to install the OS, then upgrade it later (free upgrade to 6.5.22 did the trick).

Methinks you would have an easier time erasing it if you put it into another host machine, rather than having me transfer you whichever of the 12 install discs you need.