Re: Where are my SATA drives in /dev?

did you try just listing fdisk data, as in: 'sudo fdisk -l' to see what it calls your drives?

-Scott

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Jacob Fugal wrote:

Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 09:54:38 -0500
From: Jacob Fugal <jpfugal@xxxxxxx>
To: lug-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: Where are my SATA drives in /dev?

Hello all,

I have Debian 3.1 Sarge running on a Celeron D Desktop machine. I have some SATA hard drives hooked to the motherboard but can't find them in /dev. It's not in /dev/hd* or /dev/sd* or /dev/ataraid/d*. >sudo cfdisk /dev/*d* returns No disk or device error. The dmesg shows recognition of the ICH6 controller, and the BIOS finds it just fine. Am I missing a module or something?

Jacob Fugal
jpfugal@xxxxxxx