Re: Filesystems

Steve brought up the main reason that I think Reiser sucks. The FS
shouldn't just die when hardware begins to fail. This has been
documented countless times with Reiser 3. For those waiting for Reiser 4
to be included you might want to tell Hans Reiser to get his head out of
his butt. The kernel developers don't seem to be very pleased with him.
I refer you to the following Kernel Trap article:

http://kerneltrap.org/node/5679

Heck it doesn't even look as though Reiser4 will be backwards compatible
with Reiser3, but I can't substantiate that because I'm lazy so take it
with a grain of salt.

ReiserFS has a 2-fold problem: It eats data on failing drives and the
head developer is (seemingly) a dick.

Tim
--
Undergraduate Student: Computer Systems Science
Resnet Student Consultant