Re: MP3 players / Linux..... again.

On 8/5/05, Dan Clark <dalclark@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alright, for some reason my last email got lost.
>     I am looking to buy an mp3 player that play nice with Linux and can
> be mounted as a USB harddrive in Linux/Windows. I am currenly using
> Tiffs Dell Pocket DJ via a program called "gnomad2" Any suggestions on
> other players?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Dan Clark
>

> PS: No IPods please.

I really like my iRiver H140. Bonuses: no software required, ogg
support, nice remote, can record audio, fm tuner. The interface is a
little clumsy but the newer versions(H10) are nicer. Unfortunately the
H10 doesn't support ogg. So if you really want ogg make sure you check
that the version you are buying supports the codecs you want. It also
doesn't have on the go playlist creation which is one feature that
would be useful.

I got 12hrs of life off a single charge a year ago when it was new.
Now I am getting between 8-10 hours.

-steve