Re: sound card woes

* Adam Shirey (aeshirey@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Any clues as to why Linux won't see my sound card? Never had a problem with it before. It just seemed to tweak out. WTH? Any way I can send raw data to /dev/<something> to see if it's there, just not found?

Make sure you don't have a sound card driver built into the kernel(build
them all as modules so you can test it one by one). I did that one time
and was wondering why my alsa drivers wouldn't work.

You can do a 'cat something.wav > /dev/dsp' which sends a raw wav file
right to the sound card if it is avalible.

hth,
-steve
--
Steven Isaacson <spisaacs@xxxxxxx> http://spi.panaverse.com
AIM:spi516 "so much of who i am / rose crush pedals hit the ground" - Leiahdorus