having problems with Linux init process

Hello,

I was told that lug could help me with any linux problems I had...well
here's one for you.

I am trying to start a computer that is using Linux Red Hat, but it finish
going through the init process.  It freezes up and can't sign in to use
the computer.  It will going go so far and stop where is says
"..../rc.sysinit 39 Segmatation Fault ...."

I was told to go through the Single User Mode, but I don't know how to do
that.  Can anyone help?  I can provide more info if needed, but not what
to give.

~~~Amanda~~~