Re: Let's get this thing moving

* Eric Lathrop (eslathro@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Where did mtulug.org go?
> I got a computer we can use to host it if need be, I just don't have a
> static IP. I thought we were already getting this hosted in the CEC
> anyhow.

I heard that our new adivsor was willing to host mtulug.org on a CEC
computer for FREE. I have no idea what has been done if anything to get
this set up.

We have a computer in the CEC collecting dust that was going to be
hooked up. We would then be charged a monthly access fee. I think Paul
sent an email to the CEC to get the ball rolling on that plan. I haven't
heard anything back.

> Also I was wondering how many of you were activists out there?
> Would any of you be willing to be involved with activities like trying to
> inform people of various atrocities (DMCA, CBDTPA, etc), along the lines
> of the EFF (eff.org) or DSP (digitalspeech.org)?

I think that would be cool. It would give us something to do. :)

To bad I am down in Rochester right now(until spring semester). :(
-steve
--
Steven Isaacson http://spi.panaverse.com
<spi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> AIM/MSN/Yahoo:spi516