Re: MacOS like Desktop

S Gowtham wrote:
> I happened to learn about making Linux Desktops a little more fancier -
> It takes just a few steps and the desktop (teminals, browser windows,
> many of the icons in menus, etc) looks pretty much like that of
> MacOS-X. Only difference is that the Minimize, Maximize and Kill buttons
> are still on the right side (unlike in real Mac)

I too like the look of OSX since I used to have an iBook. I like the
Gno-SX theme:

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=5384&highlight=gnome+conversion

Check out the following link to make the buttons be on the left side of
the window:

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=5509

I also like the Starterbar Gdesklet to mimic (albeit badly) the behavior
of the OSX Dock:

http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org/categories.php?func=gd_show_app&gd_app_id=210

Here's an old screenshot of my laptop:

http://chong.idlegames.com/stuff/voyager_20040530.png

A pic of the machine where you can see the screen (people at Penguicon
actually asked if they could try out my iBook):

http://chong.idlegames.com/images/?display=S5Ne%2Fdsc01637.jpg

That's all I got for OSX eyecandy ;)

Tim
--
Undergraduate Student: Computer Systems Science
Resnet Student Consultant