Re: Computer time way wrong

There is another odd-ball possibility here.  I run remote systems that
do imaging, and they require the cron'd ntpdate solution (and the irony
of using 'cron' to run 'ntpdate' does not escape me :).  Turns out the
drivers for the camera suspend interrupts during image downloading.  Not
a major problem for the OS, but the system clock depends on interrupts
for timing.  NTP gives up once the skew is beyond several seconds, so
the clock would drift horribly.

It's possible your tuner card is doing something similar.  A test for
that condition would be to not record for several days and see if the
clock still drifts the same.  Otherwise, I don't know what else you can
do.

Thanks,
Dave

--