Re: firmware update

Regardless of which OS I'm running, Liteon is still my favorite burnable
media drive manufacturer, and one of the more dependable that I've found.
And all this at a reasonable price. Also, I have had good luck with
several of their drives; it's all a matter of compatibility.

While it's sad that they havn't released firmware for linux, it's also not
unreasonable for them to refuse to release their source code. After all,
they created the software; they have the right to choose what to do with
it. (This has nothing to do with my stance on open source or closed; it's
just like politics. One side should not force their opinion on the other;
everyone should make their own choice) Besides which, it's probably their
company policy to not release it; I doubt either the engineers or the
gentleman you communicated with are in a position to make that sort of
decision.

$1.02,

~Will Lulham