Re: firmware update

I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S and it works perfectly under
slackware-current. Although I obviously support the ideals of free
software- you can't realistically expect everything to work under Linux,
or that companies will freely lend out the source code for their
hardware/software. This is yet another reason to check Linux compatibility
of hardware before purchasing hardware- and just because the company won't
release the source code for one of their drives does NOT mean that they
should be boycotted entirely.

LOL.... maybe ROFL.

--
Patrick Ranspach
Broadcast Supervisor- WMTU 91.9FM Houghton, MI