Re: Filesystems

After weeding out personal BS and 4 year old girlish attacks, your conclusion is that "Reiser FS is absolute shit" ?

*giggle*

Well,

After struggling through the first page of that thread, I'm about ready to give up. After weeding out the personal BS, and the 4 year old girlish attacks made back and forth, I have to agree with Tim and say: "Reiser FS
is absolute shit".  That goes for v3 that seems to have data stability
problems, and v4 which is redundant in coding style, and hard for the
kernel development team to read.

-Dan

Steve brought up the main reason that I think Reiser sucks. The FS
shouldn't just die when hardware begins to fail. This has been
documented countless times with Reiser 3. For those waiting for Reiser 4 to be included you might want to tell Hans Reiser to get his head out of his butt. The kernel developers don't seem to be very pleased with him.
I refer you to the following Kernel Trap article:

http://kerneltrap.org/node/5679

Heck it doesn't even look as though Reiser4 will be backwards compatible with Reiser3, but I can't substantiate that because I'm lazy so take it
with a grain of salt.

ReiserFS has a 2-fold problem: It eats data on failing drives and the
head developer is (seemingly) a dick.

Tim
--
Undergraduate Student: Computer Systems Science
Resnet Student Consultant